The Nursing Research, Innovation and Development Centre of Lisbon (CIDNUR), is a differentiated unit of the School of Nursing in Lisbon (ESEL) dedicated to the development of Research and Development (R&D) activities.
The creation of CIDNUR was approved by the General Council of ESEL on the 30th of October 2020, with it starting its activities on the 1st of March 2021.
CIDNUR's mission is to develop fundamental, applied and experimental research in nursing, in line with the Sustainable Development Goals and the principles of Open Science.
To be an excellent research and development unit, with recognised national and international merit, generating value and innovation in nursing and health in general.
- Produce nursing knowledge.
- Promote the translation of nursing knowledge.
- Disseminate nursing knowledge.
- Scientifically support the study cycles of ESEL and Higher Education Institutions in which ESEL participates.
- Support the scientific development of the ESEL faculty and CIDNUR researchers.